In a hurry? Get a quick start to a greener, healthier office. You can be on your way in minutes by taking these 7 steps:
- Register. It’s free, confidential, secure and takes just five minutes.
- Schedule an office luncheon. Invite members of your office. Maybe order pizza. With just a 30 minute meeting you can introduce My Green Doctor and choose your first Action Steps.
- Before that first meeting, choose the first Workbook for your office. We suggest that you choose from “Energy Efficiency,” “Solid Waste & Recycling,” or “Drug Disposal & Chemicals.” Hand out the first 4 pages of that Workbook at the meeting. Also, print out one copy of the Green Team Notes form for easy note-taking at your meeting. Better yet, bring your laptop with you to save paper and use email to share documents rather than printing them out.
- At your first Green Team meeting, read the handout together and choose 2-3 Action Steps to get your office started.
- For each Action Step that your team chooses to adopt, find one team member to take the lead to help it be accomplished and to report on the office’s progress for that Action Step at the next meeting.
- Someone should volunteer to record the Green Team Notes and to send this form (download link below) to My Green Doctor at the Florida Medical Association (fax to Dr Sack, 904-265-2535 or to firstname.lastname@example.org). Keep your notes short and simple– you have better things to do than keeping long records.
- Obtain approval from your office management or leadership to have a Green Team—try to make this a management priority for your office, and set a firm goal to earn your Green Doctor Office recognition certificate in six months.
Demonstrate your commitment to create a greener and healthier office!
Have you observed in your office wasteful uses of energy, water, paper, food, or other products?
Would you like your office to be less wasteful?
Register now with My Green Doctor!Register Now!